Thursday, August 6, 2009

BSG: FAVORITE MOMENTS

Now that the great Battlestar Galactica is in my hands in its completion (season 4.5 is out on DVD now), I feel as though the show is actually over; even after the March finale, there was that lingering anticipation for the forthcoming box set and its myriad of bonus features, commentaries and gloriously extended episodes. With that release in my posession and only The Plan (for which I have only a passing interest) on the horizon, Battlestar is, in my heart at least, over.

So I feel like a list is in order. As I've listened to the soundtrack for season 4 the last few days (available now in a 2-disc set), I've been reminded of so many wonderful moments from the last season by Bear McCreary's beautiful score. The music for Apollo's farewell, Laura running, Starback at the piano, Gaeta's lament; they all trigger such gut emotional reactions from me (not gonna lie, I cried in the car the other day when one of these queued up - wont tell you which one, though) that are obviously tied to the scenes, but are also stirring on their own.

I'm compiling a list of my own, but I want you, dear reader, to submit yours. What are your favorite moments from the entire series? I'll probably post a list of 10, but don't feel obligated to match that number. Please, however, feel obligated to actually post something. I see that little Hits counter move up whenever I post something so I know you're out there.

1 comment:

tebbles said...

1-The season three finale, along with the final four hearing and finally singing parts of "all along the watchtower" is one of my favorite moments.
2-Also New Caprica and the rescue from it are amazingly badass. And that reminds me of Fat Apollo! Love Fatpollo.
3-The Blackbird episode, loved it.
4-Scar, when they're listing off all the dead pilots.
5-The assassination of Admiral Cain, Felt great to see that bitch get taken down!
6-The episode..can't think of the name, when Chief is sent to the tylium processing ship and leads a brief revolt/and Baltar's origin and accent
7-When Tory gets strangled by Chief who finally finds out she killed Cally. HATED Tory.
8-The several cameo roles of Badger as Counsel Romo Lampkin
9-The series finale, finally reaching earth and being ancestors to us. "Angel" Baltar and Six discussing the fate and direction of humanity as it all comes full circle
10-Tigh and Adama drinking together